1973 are going through an exciting period of growth for the business and as such are looking to bring in an additional developer to complement the existing team. This role offers a great career opportunity with the prospect of growing with the company into a more senior role. We are happy to hear from you whether you’re looking for a permanent position or would prefer to work on a freelance basis. The permanent role is in-house so will need someone who is local to South Oxfordshire.
The right candidate for the role will be someone who takes prides and ownership in all work undertaken, maintaining the highest attention to detail. They will show initiative in tasks undertaken and bring new ideas and lateral thinking to briefs. They will demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm for the trends and issues current in the industry today. Communication skills are also key in working as part of our team. Generally, being a good egg.
Web / email developer
Responsibilities will include:
- Building HTML emails, web pages and forms with well-structured, responsive code.
- Working with automation software such as Eloqua and Marketo.
- Theming and configuring Wordpress sites.
- Constantly seeking to develop by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of the markets developments.
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions to briefs.
- Working closely with the design team to help inform the design process of best practices and production efficiencies.
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work and meeting deadlines.
- Maintaining and analyzing existing web sites.
- Reporting on campaign data and feeding learnings back in.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent HTML, CSS and jQuery programming skills.
- Responsive programming skills from a web and email perspective.
- Strong organisational skills to ensure other team members can pick up work.
- Keen eye for design and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of email automation platforms preferred but not essential.
- Good understanding of web accessibility and best practices.
- Ability to work well within a team environment as well as being independently driven.
- Knowledge of HTML5 / jQuery.
- PHP / MySQL knowledge would be a great bonus, but can be learnt here if required.
Qualifications / experience
- 2+ years experience of a web dev position